fREE BUSINESS SEMINAR
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS AGAINST A CYBER ATTACK
Date: Friday 30th June 2017, 9.00 am – 13.00 pm
Refreshments: Tea & Coffee throughout and lunch buffet will be served
Who Should Attend?
The event is free to attend for eligible representatives of appropriate businesses (businesses with between 5 & 249 staff). Are you any of the following within your business? Business Owner; Director; Senior Managenent – If so, this event is for you.
Who Should not Attend?
Businesses with more than 250 users. Sole Traders - IT Technicians.The event is not technical and is aimed at management rather than technical people. The event is designed for small to medium sized businesses, it is not suitable for Sole traders or people who simply want to learn how to protect their personal belongings.
REGISTER HERE SPACES ARE LIMITED
Special Guest Speaker:
DCI Yorkshire and Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit
Vanessa has served West Yorkshire Police for 22 years and is now heading up the Yorkshire and Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit.
During her career she has managed serious organised crime and led teams tackling a range of crimes. In recent years she has been the chair for MAPPA, MARAC, managed Registered Sex Offenders, investigated historical child sex abuse allegations and developed the first cyber crime team for West Yorkshire Police. In addition, she has developed the cyber response strategy for West Yorkshire Police.
"One of the best ways to protect yourself is to be aware of the risks." - DCI Vanessa Smith.
Other speakers include:
During This Seminar You’ll Discover:
- The risks to your business – and 10 critical policies, procedures and protections EVERY business must have in place NOW to protect themselves; overlook even one and you’re exposing yourself to security breaches, significant financial loss, losing valuable business data, and having confidential company information exposed to competitors, hackers and cyber criminals.
- Why organised crime has shifted its focus to small and medium sized enterprises, where the profits are greater and the risks of being caught are much lower.
- The #1 security threat to your business that anti-virus, firewalls and other security protocols are defenceless to prevent.
- Learn how to avoid joining the growing list of Yorkshire businesses that have lost £10,000s to cyber fraud.
- How to help yourself and your clients save their business from being the "low hanging fruit" that criminals target.
Please note: All timings include a period of time at the end of each presentation for questions.
9.00am – 9.30am – Registration & Refreshments
9.30am – 10.25am – DCI Vanessa Smith, Head of the Yorkshire & Humber Cyber Crime Unit - Keynote speaker. Live update of what’s happening right now in Cyber Crime
10.25am – 10.35am – Refreshments break
10.35am – 11.05am - Steve Vickerman, Technical Director of Netpoint Solutions Ltd. WannaStop being the victim of the next WannaCry. How to protect yourself against a Cyber attack
11.05am – 11.35am – Mick Brant, Director of Vizulate Digital. Website security and the importance of keeping your systems fully patched & updated
11.35am – 11.45am – Refreshments break
11.45am – 12.20pm – Mark Povey, Accredited GDPR practitioner & DPO. The GDPR deadline is coming – get an action plan for your business!
12.20pm – 12.50pm – Kirsty Breaks, Director of Newland Insurance. Why your business needs the right Cyber Insurance policy
1.00pm – 1.30pm – Lunch is served
1.30pm – 2.30pm – Clinic with the experts. For those that are able to, all of our speakers have kindly agreed to stick around to allow delegates to speak with them individually to answer any further questions